New MoonRegular price $6,700.00
Limited Edition of 10: Each artwork is signed with a Certificate of Authenticity.
- MATERIAL: Hand-painted textured acrylic on wood with painted Tasmanian Oak Frame. Each relief is unique, and texture will therefore vary.
- SIZE: 4 Panels with total dimensions of 155 x 155 x 20cm
- COLOUR: French Canvas
- Also available in standard colours: Pebble Grey, Champagne Pink or Soft Sand.
- Please contact us for custom colours available on request
- We can not guarantee that the colour on the website is fully equivalent to the relief's actual colours. This depends partly on the colour settings of your computer or another device - Order your colour swatch set here if unsure.
- Each artwork is signed with a Certificate of Authenticity.
- Please note: This artwork is made to order, please allow 2 weeks of manufacturing before shipping
MORE ABOUT THE WORK AND ARTIST:
All human beings are affected by the moon - it is associated with feminine energy and mystery. It is a natural timekeeper that is constantly moving through a cycle and strongly affects our energy, emotions and feelings. The New Moon is the time to set an intention for the month ahead. It’s a time to step away from our busy way of living, the pushing, striving and achieving of modern life, and relax and focus inwards, connecting with ourselves and our dreams and desires. The curved lines represent movement and change, similar to the moon's cycles and phases of our lives.
This artwork consists of 4 separate panels creating a larger piece that represents a full circle or the moon. The 2d lines are transformed into a 3d sculptural element and are highlighted in the soft monochrome colour. The play of light and shadow is emphasised by the artwork's response to the ever-changing light in its environment that creates different effects during the time of the day.Sureen plays with the concept of light in her layered abstract artworks. By only using one single colour, the emphasis falls on the play of light created by the different shapes and their compositions. The artworks’ response to the changing light in its environment offers the viewer a unique perspective every-time.Instagram: @sureen_gouws_art